Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Leftfield & Lydon - Open Up


I must say I've never been a big fan of The Sex Pistols, something about their brashness really grated me over a very short time. This track (albeit not The Sex Pistols), does contain one John Lydon. His vocals seem to work here for whatever reason, maybe because the song seems like an electronic version of something Pistols-esque. Maybe that's what I needed, 'God Save The Queen' done with Leftfield as the band... in any case, this has always been a track I've loved for various reasons. Namely, it's one I used to play a fair deal when I dj'd, and it always brought people to the floor. Yes, Lydon still pisses me off with his googly eyes, and yelping vocals, but here they don't kill the song, oddly.




Track 1, Open Up (Radio Edit)

Track 2, Open Up (Full Vocal Mix)

Track 3, Open Up (Dervish Overdrive)




Grab the tracks here!



UK Hard Hands Records 1993, HAND 009CD


Personal rating 4/5


See what Leftfield items we have for sale in our online shop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Xmas gift !!! Thanks