Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Flock Of Seagulls - Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You)


A Flock Of Seagulls were definitely not my favorite band of the 80's. There were only two songs that I actually liked back then, one drives me nuts when I hear it now (you know the one). 'Wishing' always gave me goosebumps back then, not bad for a band that I just couldn't stand hearing. All terrible bands had at least one good song I suppose. I know there will be a host of people reading this that will probably comment on what a fool I am, and how much they LOVE A Flock Of Seagulls. Well, with every flock of seagulls there's usually a big pile of shit afterwards. Remember those words next time you park your car near the beach and have lunch outdoors. Chances are, you'll be thinking of these lyrics.. "And I ran, I ran so far away (I couldn't get away)". 'Nuff said.





Track 1, Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You) [Long Version]

Track 2, Committed

Track 3,
Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You) [Short Version]





Grab the tracks here!




UK Jive Records 1982, JIVE T 25

Personal rating 4/5

1 comment:

Monkey Flinging Poo said...

Thanks for the up. I bought this back in '83 to program for our high school radio station before the single was released in the U.S., but totally forgot about the B side ("Committed"). Never thought to pull out this vinyl to convert, but I'm glad you did!