Sunday, January 27, 2008

The High - Up And Down


As previously stated, The High were not the be all and end all of the 90's for me. They had their moments, and their album was generally pretty decent, they would always be more of a singles band. This is another example of exactly that theory, being that this EP really isn't overly stellar. When you get a chance to listen to the Bombay Mix, it will change your opinion, being washed in the sound that made The Charlatans so good.. organs! The single itself is a decent track, but this is one of those few situations where the remix is actually BETTER than the original (you know, that dreaded remix syndrome). I actually prefer the b-side 'Make It Happen' to the single on here, but then what do I know? I've never flopped a record label have I? It's really too bad about The High, I think they could have developed quite nicely if they'd gotten some more attention, and had a bit more guidance from a decent producer.




Track 1, Up And Down

Track 2, Make It Happen

Track 3, Up And Down (Bombay Mix)




Grab the tracks here!





UK FFRR Records 1990, LONX 272

Personal rating 3.5/5

No comments: