Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Dreamscape 6.5


Another in my Dreamscape trilogy, and one that I actually really enjoyed making and listening to. The intro of this mix started out very ambient, but flowed together very nicely. I tend to like building mixes up. peaking, then having them flow back down. This one encompasses a little more of the electronic vein, but I think you'll enjoy it regardless. As with all these being posted, PLEASE post your thoughts of them. I'd like some feedback to what you thought of the musical choices, and how the mix made you feel. Music for me has never been just an auditory experience, it's something that evokes a great deal of feeling. I always try to encapsulate these feelings in the music choices, and hope you get something from it.


Track Listing:

1) July Skies - East Anglian Skies
2) M83 - Moonchild
3) Blue States - Looking Glass
4) DJ Shadow - Dark Days
5) Air - Kelly Watch The Stars
6) Ladytron - Playgirl
7) Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar
8) Alucard - Late Summer Fields
9) Chicane - Saltwater
10) Orbital - Halcyon + On + On
11) Opus III - It's A Fine Day
12) Delerium - Aria


Grab it here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for this mix! Ladytron is my favourite in the whole selection, but all the songs are perfectly mixed. Great! I would say the middle part is the one I enjoyed less, as probably it is too much 'dance' for my taste, but hey, you made me listen to rhythms I normally don't listen to, and that's good. Thanks again. All the best, J.

Dreamwave said...

Glad you liked it somewhat. Who knows, maybe it will grow on you ;)