Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wire - Ahead 12"


Another gem of mine, and number 2 on my top 10 songs of the 80's, is Wire's 'Ahead'. From the amazing album Ideal Copy, this single captures the best of Wire before they drove down that darkened road of 'crap'. If you don't already own Ideal Copy, you should grab it! It is a most amazing album, and rated highly by many a review. This ep offers the track 'Ahead', plus 3 live songs, recorded live at Metropol Berlin. I can't say enough about this song, and how hard to find this ep is. Although finding the actual vinyl version of Pink Flag is a much harder venture. This probably should have been on the Hardest Hits CD series, but they I guess chose to have songs by lesser influential artists in place of Wire!? (go figure). Now you have it, and I hope you can appreciate it. Let me know what you think!




Track 1, Ahead

Track 2, Ambulance Chasing

Track 3, Feed Me

Track 4, Vivid Riot Of Red




Grab the tracks here, password-pwemb.blogspot.com




UK Mute Records 1987, 12 MUTE 57



Personal rating 5/5

6 comments:

salcam said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I thought I had basic knowledge of obscure 80's music but you've introduced some wonderful stuff. My ears are so happy. Gracias!

Dreamwave said...

Good to hear :)
I'll have the remaining 4 up during the weekend sometime. I cheated a bit, as my previous B Movie post is number 6 ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of your great posts! As the song/12" for Ahead was one of my favorites of the 80's I have to make a respectful correction to your post. Ahead was actually from the album The Ideal Copy and not from Pink Flag. A trivial point I know, but the styles of the two albums are quite different and could prove misleading to some. I hope you appreciate that I am not trying to be a know-it-all as you clearly have great taste and knowledge. - Cheers, Bonenose

Dreamwave said...

wow, you are correct, I must have been sleeping when I posted this..

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I don't know how to make proper requests, but would you happen to have any Cabaret Voltaire, Tones On Tail or Love And Rockets 12" you could post? Thanks again and congratulations on a very cool blog. - Bonenose

Dreamwave said...

Yes, I have all these bands.. problem is, the pipes burst in our house, and the insurance company is gutting underneath us. At the present time I can't rip any records, until they stop all the bloody banging. We'll see in a few weeks. :)