Friday, June 23, 2006

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Song From The Edge Of The World 12"



An excellent 12" from a period of decline for Siouxsie & The Banshees. The remixed version of 'Song From The Edge Of The World' is truly fabulous! I love the way they've mixed the percussion in this song, driving beats with some bongos in there! The flip sides I cannot stand, which is the case for most Siouxsie eps. There are bands who make excellent flips songs, and there are not, and well you'll see for yourself won't you? It's one I don't see around often, I think I've seen maybe 4 copies since I've been collecting vinyl. I've never bothered to pick it up as I really disliked most of the releases from this era, and love their earlier releases. I guess you never know what's lurking in a stagnant stage in one's career!






Track 1, Song From The Edge Of The World (Columbus Mix)

Track 2, The Whole Price Of Blood

Track 3, Mechanical Eyes




Grab the tracks here, password-pwemb.blogspot.com




Canadian Polydor Records 1987, POLSX 124



Personal rating 3/5

No comments: