Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The The - Perfect 12"


Simply one of the best The The songs released, though some would argue that the latter releases with Johnny Marr would tout higher in some rankings. 'Perfect' (and Soul Mining for that matter), were sheer brilliance in the somewhat clouded early 80's dance-pop world. Not many songs still get my turntables attention as this one does, and this will probably keep it company for some time to come. I would argue that the latter releases, Mind Bomb especially, were lacking the same feel good punch his earlier works had (Perfect, This Is The Day ect). This is one of those songs that you will remember, though I'm not sure anything from Mind Bomb will stick in your head as much. Anyway, they're your ears, have a listen and you decide.





Track 1, Perfect (Extended Version)

Track 2, Uncertain Smile




Canadian Epic Records 1982, 12EXP-8552


Personal rating 4.5/5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cant belive no one commented on one of the BEST songs/records/artists. THE THE had some great records and even the not great ones were better then most stuff out there. I was lucky enough to see Matt with Jonney Marr on tour and It was one of the best shows I've ever seen at the Beacon In NYC But then I was a big Smiths fan too.