Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Specials - Too Much Too Young 12"



Ska played an intricate in forming the basis of my musical tastes in the early 80's. I listened heavily to the English Beat, Madness and The Specials. It was awesome going to the clubs when I was younger, and dancing to these bands.. But if I tried that now, I might keel over after a minute or two! I still love the sound, and wished I'd had a chance to see them play live when they were at their pinnacle. This ep is an example of the energy present from both the crowds, and the band at live shows. I've seen 'The Beat' play live recently, and although Wakeling was quite entertaining, it was NOTHING like seeing the bands back in the day. How can you be a Ska band with no horns?!?!?! This ep is electric, and I can't imagine how these guys managed to carry on through an entire show, let alone a single song.. Just proves that I'm a lazy bastard! I hope this sates TinyWhite's craving for something in this vein for a while, until I can rip some General Public eps for him ;) Give this a listen, it's a Japanese pressing, and sounds amazing! It's quite a hard one to find as well :) Enjoy!




Track 1, Too Much Too Young

Track 2, Guns Of Navarone

Track 3, Skinhead Symphony [Longshot Kick The Bucket/Liquidator/Skinhead Moonstomp]




Grab the tracks here! Password-pwemb.blogspot.com




Japanese 2 Tone Records 1980, WWS-10002


Personal rating 4.5/5

No comments: