Monday, January 22, 2007

Chapterhouse - Freefall 12"



Since I haven't posted any shoegaze in some time, I figured I'd put up a few good singles to keep the masses happy. Early Chapterhouse rival the likes of Ride and My Bloody Valentine for the top shoegazer award, though they themselves would never admit to being a part of any genre called shoegaze. Although these fellows never really got the status they should have with their first album Whirlpool (in relation to the success My Bloody Valentine got), they did manage to get a cult following worldwide. Whirlpool still remains one of my favorite albums to play, as well as these earlier eps. This 12" offers a slight variation of 'Falling Down', which sounds more like a demo version in comparison to what was released later one. It's a great sonic attack, if that's the thing you're into, and if not, well it can be used as ammo against your neighbours.




Track 1, Falling Down

Track 2, Need (Somebody)

Track 3, Inside Of Me

Track 4, Sixteen Years




Grab the tracks here! Password-pwemb.blogspot.com




UK Dedicated Records 1990, STONE 061T



Personal rating 4/5




Like what you hear? Check out these also!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to see Chapterhouse at the Jericho Tavern in Oxford in the early 90s. They sold me the worst T shirt I ever bought - it lost its shape after one wash. However, they made good music.

Anonymous said...

Link doesn't work correct.Please re-up!